How to annoy your partner with a gift
|June 14, 2011||Posted by doyouwoo under Buy 'em cool gifts!|
When buying for either sex, it is best to avoid these types of ‘romantic gifts’
1. Tools – think he/she would look hot with that new cordless drill? That means home improvements. Since when is that romantic?
2. Jewellery from a shopping channel – can you imagine her gushing to her friends “He saw it on QVC and said he just had to get it for me….”.
3. Workout Gear – prepare to enter the “Are you saying I need to work out?” conversation of death where there are no winners…
4. Gift Certificates – romance = showing them you know and understand them. A gift certificate shows you kind of know what stores they like…
5. Self Help Books – just because they intimated to you that they are feeling down does not mean they want you to ‘fix’ them. Just talk it through.
6. Pets – that kitten/puppy is cute and adorable for the first 5 minutes until your partner realises the sheer effort involved in caring for it. And they will secretly be blaming you each time they are cleaning up poop.
7. A stuffed animal – along the same lines as the gift certificate – it just smacks of lack of effort.
8. The comedy gift – a t-shirt with a funny play-on-words! Awesome. For a day.
9. ‘Sexy’ Underwear – tricky one this, because if chosen well this is actually a great gift. The problem is that very few of us are on the same wavelength as our partner on what is ‘sexy’ – women want sexy but practical, men tend to choose something they saw in their friend’s copy of Hustler from the 90s…
10. Your favorite x – tickets to the game YOU want to see, a book YOU want to read, a meal in YOUR favorite restaurant… not good.