Cool Date Ideas
|June 6, 2011||Posted by doyouwoo under Get Dating!|
Cool Date Ideas
Now the problem with coming up with cool date ideas is that some other smooth dude/girl has come up with most ideas already. So to rack your brains trying to think of something that nobody IN THE WORLD has ever done before is ambitious my friend, verrrry ambitious.
Continue down this route and you will end up hang-gliding through the Andes wearing a thong or something, cos you’ve never heard of anyone ever doing that on a date before. But there’s a reason for that – it’s expensive, dangerous and uncomfortable. Not the 3 things we want in our cool date ideas.
The 3 things we DO want from our cool date ideas are:
- the opportunity to interact with our date/partner
- a setting you’re both relaxed and comfortable in
- ideally not a bank-breaker (apart from special occasions)
With those in mind, you’ll realize that a movie-date isn’t that great – you both have to shut up for 2-3 hours during the movie.
An adventurous date doing some outdoor pursuit is equally on good if both of you are into that kind of stuff, otherwise you will have one grumpy, bruised, sh*t-scared date on your hands.
A slap-up meal at a fancy-schmancy restaurant is only money well-spent if you are both appreciate that kind of food and the setting is intimate enough for you to chat during the meal – it can be tough to utter sweet-nothings if there’s another couple 4 inches away at the next table!
So I am not going to give you a list of cool date ideas, for 2 reasons – 1. this guy does it so much better, and 2. it’s important that you learn to work this stuff out for your own relationship. But I will give you some tips to consider when deciding on cool date ideas for you and your date or partner:
- consider what your own closest city has to offer – cool tours, parks, sports events
- try to understand what makes your partner tick and makes them comfortable, then apply that as a filter on all your date ideas
- always think of locations/activities that reflect ‘YOU’ as a couple – related to how/where you met, or related to a common interest you both have.